Executive Director, Oak Harbor Main Street Association
Type Full Time
Offered By Oak Harbor Main Street Association
P.O. Box 851
Oak Harbor WA 98277
For More Information Margaret Livermore
Title: Board of Directors
The Oak Harbor Main Street Association is seeking an Executive Director to coordinate the downtown revitalization activities using the Main Street Four Point Approach. Applicants should have excellent communication, public relations, and management abilities, as well as strong administrative background. Previous non-profit experience desired and experience in special event planning, small business development, grant writing and volunteer recruitment/management is a plus. Salary: $35,000- $40,000 depending on experience. Submit resume, cover letter and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by
August 15, 2017
Job Duties Include:
- The executive director will coordinate activities of the program committees to ensure proper communication and a working plan is established. He or she will provide ongoing volunteer support by assisting each committee chair develop a good system for recruitment and retention of volunteers. Work with committee chairs to strategize and ensure projects are completed.
- Manage all administrative aspects of the program including, but not limited to, record keeping, accounting, budget development with the Oak Harbor Main Street Association Executive Board, purchasing, preparing/filing reports, and identifying and preparing grant applications. He or she will coordinate data collection, analysis, financial incentive programs, and other economic development activities.
- Develop, in conjunction with the Oak Harbor Main Street Association’s Board of Directors, strategies for downtown economic revitalization including a work plan utilizing the Main Street Four Point Approach®. He or she will assist committees in developing their own work plan utilizing the existing the program work plan as the framework.
- Develop and conducts ongoing public awareness and education programs aimed at fostering understanding of the Oak Harbor Main Street Association’s mission and goals. He or she will keep the program in a positive light in the eyes of the public, as well as develop a cooperative relationship with the media.
- Assist business and property owners with improvement projects by providing ongoing communication and guidance, coordinating information on financial incentives for building owners, coordinating state and local consultation services, as well and identifying local professional services available.
- Encourage partnership with economic development agencies, the local chambers of commerce, tourism organizations, the City of Oak Harbor, and other community organizations. Build strong and productive working relationships with appropriate organizations in order to develop cooperative promotional opportunities.
- Develop and maintain data systems to track the progress of the local program and report required revitalization information to Washington State Main Street Program and National Main Street Center. These systems should include economic investment, building inventory, photographic documentation, job creation, business retention, sales tax data, and volunteer participation.
- The executive director, with support and assistance from the Oak Harbor Main Street Board, will serve as an advocate for downtown issues at the local and state level. He or she should understand local concerns as well as be able to effectively articulate the program’s goals, issues, and results. He or she will coordinate all messaging, graphic images, PR, promotional materials, and advertising.